Last week, Cosmetify delved into the world of skincare on TikTok, looking at hashtags, views and follower counts to reveal which brands are the biggest on the platform for 2023. The Ordinary and CeraVe topped the list—see who else made the cut.
In regulatory news, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed a ban on hair-straightening products that contain or emit formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. The FDA’s proposed rule would ban formaldehyde and other formaldehyde-releasing chemicals from hair-straightening and hair-smoothing products marketed in the U.S.
Also, according to a new report from ResearchAndMarkets, the global bath and shower products market achieved a significant milestone in 2022, with a market size of $47.6 billion. The market is expected to expand to $63.4 billion by 2028, reflecting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% during the period 2023-2028.
Here are our top 10 most viewed stories from the past week:
1. Ranking the Top 50 Cosmetic Companies
2. Top 20 Most Successful Celebrity Beauty Brands Of 2023—Ranked By Cosmetify
3. Top 10 Most Popular Skincare Products In 2023—Ranked By Landys Chemist
4. WSGN & Coloro Name Apricot Crush as Color Of The Year 2024
5. Top 10 Most Popular Skincare Brands on TikTok
6. Top 10 Most Popular Makeup Brands—According to Hey Goldie
7. MAC Revamps ‘Back To MAC’ Recycling Program
8. 4 Key Beauty Trends For 2023 By Trendalytics
9. FDA Proposes Ban On Hair Straightening Products With Formaldehyde
10. Global Bath & Shower Products Market to Reach $63.4 Billion By 2028
Thanks for reading our Breaking News. We’ll have a new list for you next Monday.
Have a great week!