- If you’re a Snapchat Plus subscriber, you can change your notification sounds by setting up custom sounds for friends and groups.
- Tap and hold a conversation and choose Chat Settings, then Notification Sounds.
- You can also set notification sounds for specific friends from your account page by tapping Custom Notification Sound.
Whether you use an Android or iPhone, you can set custom notification sounds for ordinary phone calls and text messages from your favorite contacts.
If you spend a lot of time on Snapchat, you’ll be pleased to know that you can do the same thing for notifications from friends in the social media app – though to do that, you’ll need to subscribe to Snapchat Plus, a paid subscription service that adds new features to the basic Snapchat service.
How to change Snapchat notification sounds
If you’re not already a Snapchat subscriber, you’ll need to sign up before you can customize Snapchat notification sounds. It costs $3.99 a month or $39.99 for a year (after a one-week free trial). You can read more about Snapchat Plus, and after signing up, you can change your notification sounds.
1. In the Snapchat app, tap the Chat icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap and hold the conversation with a friend or group that you want to change notifications for.
3. In the pop-up menu, tap Chat Settings.
4. Tap Notification Sounds.
5. On the Notification Sound page, you can sample the sound options by tapping the Play buttons on the right.
6. When you find a sound you want to use, tap it anywhere except on the Play button. Tap Set Notification Sound to make the change.